About / Contact
We live and work in Greenford and Park Royal. The WorkersWildWest newspaper is a means for us to exchange our experiences about conditions at work and collective steps against stress, long hours and low pay. We have to learn from other workers. No one else will do it for us, no national leaders, no politicians. We are fed up hearing or saying: “Nothing can be done”, because a lot IS being done, the question is: “What works, what doesn’t?”
SUPPORT EACH OTHER!
The newspaper is not (just) about words. We need a local network of workers who support each other: if someone doesn’t get their wages or has trouble with the job centre; if some of us are kicked out or the landlord takes the piss; if people need someone to leaflet their workplace or want creative ideas to take on management. For the struggle to survive and beyond. Do you need support? – Get in touch! And keep in touch – because others will need your support, too!
Other websites we find useful:
WHERE DO WE GIVE OUT THIS PAPER?
We try to distribute this paper at following places – if you have other suggestions where we could hand it out, let us know.
– Greenford Auriol Drive (amongst others, Sainsbury’s and Tesco warehouses)
– Park Royal (Bakkavor, Greencore, Premier Park)
– Royal Mail DC (Greenford and Princess Royal)
– Greenford Retail Park
– Ealing and Southall Job Centre
– Greenford Bus Depot
– to share your experience of your workplace (anonymously of course!)
– to write about a conflict at work and what the workers did in response – if it made a difference, or not
– if you need support for an action you want to do e.g. getting outstanding wages from the temp agency or distributing a leaflet outside your workplace
– if you like the newspaper and want to get involved!
Email us at: